Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

It's Graduation Season...the finale

Well I ended graduation season off with making 2 cakes, one for my daughter who's going to high school, and the other for my niece who's going to Kdg. I don't cover many cakes in fondant and I don't make very many tiered cakes. I can, but don't have a big request for them, sooooo...yep, you gussed correctly. I did both; fondant and tiered! Well, for my daughter only. I made her a 2 tier; 6" (2 layer) Strawberry cake with vanilla buttercream, and a 9" (2 layer) Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. To decorate, I put edible pearls around the bottom of each tier and letter cut-outs that read CONGRATS CLASS OF 2015. I topped off the 6" tier with a graduation cap and tassel with her name on it. For my niece I kept it simple, it's a 1 layer Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that read ABC, 123, 2015 and a grad cap with tassel, I thought it was adorable! Any who, here are the pics! Excuse the mini cake, I was so late for the party (4th of July / surprise grad party), that I didn't have time to smooth the frosting completely...YIKES...LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment