Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rajas Fries

My boyfriend and I were watching a show on TV called America Best Bites (http://www.americasbestbites.com/) on channel 11 a few weeks ago (at least I think it was channel 11).  The basis of the show is, the hosts travel to different restaurants across the U.S. and showcase them and their best dish. 


The day we watched they were showcasing French Fries, one of the featured restaurants was Fry Smith located in Los Angeles, California (http://www.eatfrysmith.com/).  The featured dish is called Rajas Fries and boy did it look tasty.  We are totally talking about going to L.A. one day just for this dish.  Me being the experimental cook that I am had to buy the ingredients and make Rajas Fries.


They use fries with the skin on, Shawarma-marinated Steak (I used Skirt Steak), roasted Poblano Peppers, Monterrey Jack Cheese, caramelized onions and parsley or cilantro for garnish.  I didn't use the onions or garnish.  I've also posted their website pic which looks different from how I saw it on TV, but I think it was for website pic purposes.  I'm sure you can tell which pic is mine...lol. 




No comments:

Post a Comment