Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

HAPPY (belated) THANKSGIVING!

Well it's that time of year again where homes will be filled with the smells of cakes, cookies, and pies oh my! I'm so happy that I work out, my body will need a little extra after I'm done deserting it up with the Thanksgiving pastries.

This year I wanted to bake something different, normally I make sweet potato pies, 7-up cake w/ pineapple & coconut frosting, and cream cheese pound cake. I got adventurous and made a carrot cake, chocolate cake, & lemon meringue pie. My first attempt at the chocolate cake was an epic fail. I had the wrong measuring spoon and added too much baking powder and soda...lol. So I got creative turned it into my version of a turtle caramel cake. I did my best to torte each layer, fill them with the left over chocolate buttercream and added dulce de leche caramel and crushed walnuts in between the 2 layers and on the very top layer. That poor cake looked awful, but taste so good...(Homer Simpson drool...) "uhhhHHHhhrghhhuuuuHHHggrruhhhHHhh."

Sorry...no pie pic!




No comments:

Post a Comment