Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Tree Cupcakes

We're having a Christmas themed week at work this week and I decided to make chocolate and yellow cupcakes and pipe buttercream (BC) onto them in the shape of a Christmas Tree. It was an easy, but fun project for myself. It's nice to be able to share my baking and pastry artwork with others, I don't get an opportunity to bakes for others a lot. Believe it or not I actually dislike buttercream and although I like cakes and so forth, it's definitely something I can do without (but I love, love, love to bake and decorate!). My daughter only likes box cake mixes, and my son will devour almost anything (except for veggies) so I refuse to bake so he can eat it all!

This was a great opportunity to and I took advantage!!!

I made a basic vanilla BC and colored it with the Kelly Green Wilton icing color. For the tree I used a Wilton tip 21 (aka star tip), and used various sprinkles to achieve the decorated look. I found tooth pick decorations while grocery shopping so I decided to insert those an the very top for the finishing look!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment