Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

All Butter Buttercream?!?!

I'm a researcher, that is probably why I use to be, and loved being an Anaylst until I got laid off in June 2012. Forever now I've noticed that my buttercream looks...slightly grainy? Not beat well? Not enough liquid? Regardless of what it was I knew it wasn't my fault. I remember reading about high ratio shortening but never took time to really understand what it was. But yesterday I did, I read and I understood. And I made the decision to purchase a $25 container of CK high ratio shortening. In simple terms, regular vegetable shortening has no trans fats and another word that begins with the letter "E". And guess what, that's what buttercream needs to be smooth, creamy, fluffy and awesome. Yesterday I baked a cake for someone and used only butter in the buttercream. The pic will show the shininess from the butter, it was still a little warm in my place from the oven but the cake was completely cooled. Either way I enjoyed the creaminess and will stop using vegetable shortening until I get the one that I ordered. But I'll have to wait until my place has completely cooled down before decorating. My roses look a little tired...lol. 


No comments:

Post a Comment