Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Wilton's Course 2 - Flowers and Cake Designs

Well based on my last post you probably figured out that I would be taking this class...or maybe not. The first class was a little challenging for me thanks to my homemeade fondant. The fondant was perfect...but putting it into a mold to make flowers didn't go so great. I didn't know that homemeade fondant would be too soft and get stuck 😔 (I had to use a lot more powered sugar!). Anyway, as I always do when I get home from class, I play with the product. So I made the flowers from class (the originals tore into pieces when trying to remove them from the mold), and then decided to play with different roses that I found on YouTube. Of course I still have a lot of practicing to do, but I think my goal is to become a Wilton Instructor and freelance baker/decorator (I'd rather work for myself doing weddings, b-days, etc.). The flowers in class had a combination of fondant and gum paste. This was my first time working with either and I must say it was very interesting...I know I'm going to love this! 😃



No comments:

Post a Comment